A Week in the Life of Chris Gable (continued) 

A Week in the Life of Chris Gable (continued)

Monday - July 5 - Got to sleep in till 9 (no work because of the holiday) Met a bunch of friends and went to Gettysburg for a little history roadtrip. It was quite an experience; although quite tiring. There's is nothing like driving through a battlefield listening to the soundtrack of Gettysbirg and God's and Generals on the stereo.....OK, maybe it's just me.
Tuesday - July 6 - After work I met up with the guys from my singing group and drove a couple of hours to the Lackawana County stadium where we were scheduled to sing the national anthem for a Red Barons baseball game. Except for our bass being a little late, things went really well, and the people really seemed to enjoy it. Watched the game afterwards with about 40 friends and family. The game went 12 innings, so it was another late night-12:00AM to be exact.
Wednesday - July 7 - Not too eventfull, although I found out that one of my friends sisters was struck by a car in a hit-and-run accident. She suffered some pretty severe injuries including a fracture skull. Thankfully, though, it looks like she will make a full recovery. You can read the police report here.
Thursday - July 8 - At the encouraging of a friend, I voluteered to be part of the event staff for President Bush's visit to Kutztown University on Friday. I was told to be on campus at 7:00 that night to meet with the secret service and the advanced appearence team to get my assignment. Needless to say, I had no idea what to expect. After listening to the possible jobs (including one as a rally squad member who would surround any would-be hecklers, surround them, and drown 'em with cheers of their own)I chose to be a human arrow, because I thought it would keep me in the arena so I could at least see the speech. Tomorrow would be an iteresting day.
Friday - July 9th - Had to get up at 5:30 in order to get to the university by the required time. Check out the pictures I signed in, got a really cool ID badge, and went through security into the arena. As it turns out, my assignment put me right next to the path that the President would walk to the podium. The campaign bus finally arrived at the arena at 11:00, and sure enough he walked right by me and on top of that he shook my hand! That was awesome! I think I said something really stupid like "How are you, Mr. President?" but, honestly I don't remember. The speech that he gave was excellent; he was really on top of his game, and I sat about 15 feet away from him the whole time. What an experience! I thought about not ever washing my right hand again, but eventually decided not to. Maybe next time. :-)
Saturday - July 10 - So what's next? After quite an eventful week, Saturday included fertilizing the grass and waxing my car......OK, OK maybe my life was returning to normal again. Good thing, though.....I don't know if I would have enough energy to keep up.

Return to Main Page


Comment Wow...How cool! I made it into a blog entry. I think this is the first time I've ever been mentioned in anyone's blog. This is a memorable day in my life. Thanks Chris! And by the way, you did have a pretty interesting week there. The fireworks were VERY awesome(and so was the singing Tuesday night)!

Tue Jul 20, 2004 8:27 pm MST by Angi K :)

Add Comment

On This Site

  • About this site
  • Main Page
  • Most Recent Comments
  • Complete Article List
  • Sponsors

Search This Site

Syndicate this blog site

Powered by BlogEasy

Free Blog Hosting